Wednesday, October 11, 2006

//Dil Se Desi// Travellers stories in US

A woman called to make  reservations, "I want to go from Chicagoto
Hippopotamus, New  York" The agent was at a loss for words. Finally,
the
agent said, "Are you sure that's the name  of the town?" "Yes, what
flights
do you have?" replied the customer. After some searching, the agent
came
back  with, "I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the
country and  can't find a Hippopotamus anywhere." The customer
retorted,
"Oh don't be silly.  Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!" The
agent
scoured a map of the  state of New Yorkand  finally offered,  "You
don't
mean Buffalo, do you?" "That's it! I knew it was a  big animal!"

----------

A client called in  inquiring about a package to Hawaii. After going
over
all the cost info,  she asked, "Would it be cheaper to fly to
California
and then take the train to Hawaii?"

----------

I really did have  someone ask for an aisle seat so that their hair
wouldn't get messed up by being  near the window.

----------

I got a call from a  woman who wanted to go to Capetown. I started to
explain the length of the  flight and the passport information when she
interrupted me with, "I'm not  trying to make you look stupid, but
Capetown is in Massachusetts." Without trying to make her  look like
the
stupid one, I calmly explained, " Cape Cod is in Massachusetts,
Capetown is
in Africa." Her  response....click.

---------

A nice lady just  called. She needed to know how it was possible that
her
flight from Detroitleft at 8:20am and got into Chicagoat 8:33am. I
tried
to explain that Michiganwas an hour head of  Illinois, but  she could
not
understand the concept of time zones. Finally I told her the plane went
very fast, and she bought that!

---------

A woman called and  asked, "Do airlines put your physical description
on
your bag so they know who's  luggage belongs to who?" I said, "No, why
do
you ask?" She replied, "Well, when  I checked in with the airline, they
put
a tag on my luggage that said FAT, and  I'm overweight, is there any
connection?" After putting her on hold for a minute  while I "looked
into
it" ( I was actually laughing) I came back and explained  the city code
for
Fresno is FAT, and that the airline was just putting a  destination tag
on
her luggage.

-----------

I just got off the  phone with a man who asked, "How do I know which
plane
to get on?" I asked him  what exactly he meant, which he replied, "I
was
told my flight number is 823,  but none of these darn planes have
numbers
on  them."

------------

A business man called  and had a question about he documents he needed
in
order to fly to  China. After a lengthy discussion  about passports, I
reminded him he needed a visa. "Oh no I don't, I've been to  Chinamany
times and never had to  have one of those." I double checked, and sure
enough, his stay required a visa.  When I told him this he said, "Look,
I've been to China4 times  and every time they have accepted my
American
Express."


 
__._,_.___

***NEW: DESI TALK!! The Shout box in the group home page***
Comments, suggestions or just plain chatting... you can do it right here!
Homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup

***DIL SE DESI GROUP***
You can join the group by clicking the below link or by copying and pasting it in the browser bar and then pressing 'Enter'.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup/join

OWNER/MODERATOR : rajeshkainth003@gmail.com; {Rajesh Kainth}     
MODERATOR       : a.amitkumar13@gmail.com; {Amit Kumar}           
MODERATOR       : manisha.hatkar@gmail.com; {Manisha Hatkar}     
MODERATOR       : preeti.hande@gmail.com; {Preeti Hande}           
MODERATOR       : immortally69@yahoo.com {Rahul Joshi}           
MODERATOR       : kaustubh.basu@gmail.com {Kaustubhshobhan Basu}
MODERATOR      : planetofprince@yahoo.com (Prem)
MODERATOR       : abhijeet-bhurke@bridgestone.co.in (Abhijeet)

To modify your list subscription, please send a blank email to:           

SUBSCRIBE            :  dilsedesigroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com      
UNSUBSCRIBE            :  dilsedesigroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com      
INDIVIDUAL MAILS      :  dilsedesigroup-normal@yahoogroups.com           
DAILY DIGEST            :  dilsedesigroup-digest@yahoogroups.com           
VACATION HOLD            :  dilsedesigroup-nomail@yahoogroups.com     
FOR POSTING MESSAGES  :  dilsedesigroup@yahoogroups.com





SPONSORED LINKS
Desi arnaz Lucy desi

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___