Thursday, November 09, 2006

//Dil Se Desi// You got to read to believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Margaret D'Souza <maggydsouza@hotmail.com>
To: jntpereira@yahoo.com; jamesdmello@hotmail.com
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2006 10:15:33 AM
Subject: RE: From Death to Life - Testimony

From Death to Life

My name is Ruth D'Souza. I want to share with you how the Lord has
worked in >my life, touched me and miraculously healed me. I was busy
pursuing a
successful and challenging career in management consulting, when all of
a sudden I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in August 1991. Shocked and
in a daze I went through emergency surgery at Jaslok hospital Mumbai on 26th
of August 1991. During surgery the doctors were dismayed to find that the
cancer had spread to the lymph nodes.

On the next day, when the doctors removed the endotrachial tube and
asked me to breathe, I could not, (due to a hole in my windpipe caused
during the
scraping of the cancer cells) and my lungs collapsed. Doctors then put
me on a ventilator and told my parents that there was little hope, and the
only answer lay in a miracle.

Meanwhile as I was floating in and out of consciousness, I realized that
I might not survive. So I called for my family and said goodbye. That
night my father and brother stayed outside the ICU, prepared for the worst.
My
family had decided to tell the neighbours that I was very serious and had
even
decided where my coffin was to be placed in case the worst happened.

My mother went home praying, struggling with God for a miracle and
waiting for the phone to ring. On the way home at about 9.30pm, she met some
of
the prayer group members who asked her why she was weeping? She explained
the situation and they told her `Don't worry aunty, Ruth will be healed, we
will all pray for her'. So they went home, called up a few friends and began
to pray.

Meanwhile at about 10.30 pm in the ICU I was in terrible pain; my lungs
were on fire, the painkillers had no effect, the doctors and the nurses
could
do nothing. I thought I was going to die. So I made my peace with God
confessed my sins and forgave all those who had hurt me.

Suddenly I noticed a young man standing right next to my bed, looking
straight ahead. I felt a prompting in my spirit to ask him to pray over
me!
I resisted. I told myself that if he was a person of another religion I
would end up breaking the first commandment which I did not want, as I
felt
I was going to die. The voice kept on persuading me to ask him to pray
and I resisted. Then the pain became unbearable. I said to myself "OK I'll
ask
him to pray and if he is of another religion I will stop him"

So I rattled the bed to attract his attention and he turned and smiled
at me. I said to him "Brother will you please pray over me?" He replied
"Sure sister" and he prayed and said "Be healed in the name of the Lord
Jesus". Instantly the pain left me and I felt into a deep sleep.

Early next morning when my parents were allowed into the ICU they were
stunned to see that the ventilator was removed, I was sitting up and
well. Then Mum began telling me not to worry as the prayer group was coming
to
pray over me. I told her not to bother them as someone had already come
and prayed over me and I was healed. They were surprised, and out of
gratitude they tried to find that person so that they could thank him.
However,
none of the doctors, nurses or other patients had seen anyone. The doctors
said that in the ICU no outsider was allowed after 7 pm and no hospital
staff
had entered after 10 pm. Unwilling to take no for an answer, my mother went
round the hospital trying to identify this person. For the next few days
she produced people before me, asking me whether it was the same person but
he could not be found.

Thereafter I recovered rapidly, underwent all the treatments, but lost
my voice, which doctors said I might not recover. But truly nothing is
impossible with God and within 6 months the Lord restored my voice.

Today after 12 years I am well, and each day I praise Jesus for the
wonderful way in which He healed me.

PRAISE THE LORD!

- Ruth D' Souza

_________________________________________________________________
Discover. Explore. Connect-Windows Live Spaces. Check out!
http://www.msnspecials.in/windowslive/livespaces.asp



Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business. __._,_.___

***NEW: DESI TALK!! The Shout box in the group home page***
Comments, suggestions or just plain chatting... you can do it right here!
Homepage: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup

***DIL SE DESI GROUP***
You can join the group by clicking the below link or by copying and pasting it in the browser bar and then pressing 'Enter'.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup/join

OWNER/MODERATOR : rajeshkainth003@gmail.com; {Rajesh Kainth}     
MODERATOR       : a.amitkumar13@gmail.com; {Amit Kumar}           
MODERATOR       : manisha.hatkar@gmail.com; {Manisha Hatkar}     
MODERATOR       : preeti.hande@gmail.com; {Preeti Hande}           
MODERATOR       : immortally69@yahoo.com {Rahul Joshi}           
MODERATOR       : kaustubh.basu@gmail.com {Kaustubhshobhan Basu}
MODERATOR      : planetofprince@yahoo.com (Prem)
MODERATOR       : abhijeet-bhurke@bridgestone.co.in (Abhijeet)

To modify your list subscription, please send a blank email to:           

SUBSCRIBE            :  dilsedesigroup-subscribe@yahoogroups.com      
UNSUBSCRIBE            :  dilsedesigroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com      
INDIVIDUAL MAILS      :  dilsedesigroup-normal@yahoogroups.com           
DAILY DIGEST            :  dilsedesigroup-digest@yahoogroups.com           
VACATION HOLD            :  dilsedesigroup-nomail@yahoogroups.com     
FOR POSTING MESSAGES  :  dilsedesigroup@yahoogroups.com





SPONSORED LINKS
Desi arnaz Lucy desi

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___